Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The unique Blogger Post ID for this post is: 116482666371751914

Legislature to audit schools

I don't have a category for criminal activity. That is because we don't generally see criminal activity in local government.

(insert laughter here)

No, I'm serious. I think that most problems in government come from incompetence, or ignorance. Not intent to do wrong.

I also don't consider myself to be someone who accuses others. We're all passengers on this ship, and as such should consider it our responsibility to point out the iceberg when we see one.

So, I'm relieved to hear that the legislature wants to work with school boards to audit school districts accounting, and budgeting, practices. Not because they will find more fraud, but that they will find more waste.

Legislators may home in on Davis funds scandal

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.